Friday 1 February 2019

THOSE MISSING FACES

Those faces aren't related to me in any certain way
but yet those faces stare at me every single day
amidst crowded station, streets and neighbourhoods
while walking down these very paths I stumble upon coloured posters
which make me stand and stare
The details in these posters make my mind go slow 
the faces are similar to some people that I know
age 10 years old,curly hair, resembles an angel,
or an old man who looks like my dear father
and below that there is a date so pressing,
telling us about those who have gone missing
As soon as I complete my daily travels 
from home to office and back home
with hope i then memorise these
faces as if they were a poem
that maybe while walking on streets or stations
the hopes of those families don't die in vain
that maybe that Mr.Solanki,or that Gita,
or that Saif will be found again
I'll take to their parents, their children, their wives
I'll give them back their own old lives
maybe because, with those families i can empathise
I may not have lost a loved one, but I have lost many dear lives
but at least I had that sense of satisfaction,
that they wouldn't come back from where they were
and those who didn't get the chance to rest in peace,
families unaware if they are still alive or deceased
every morning for the good health of their loved ones they pray
unaware if they will never come back or return home today
Mr.Solanki had gone for his evening walk,
he had a bad memory, but knew his way back home
Girish and Mukesh too knew all the roads in Dehli
Jhilmil, who didn't know her in the neighbourhood,
Gita, fought with her hudband but was found later on
Saif, could not speak, but his mother listened to him
so that he never felt neglected
and even before it was winter, 
his favourite sweater was selected
they say that in the city nothing is ever repeating,
but none of those faces were seen that evening
for their well being, even priests were paid
and in phone books and contacts searches were made 
to find them, their families set out
to stations and streets with eyes blinking
Girish's father with a poster in his hand,
Saif's mother with a sweater, were thinking
maybe they have upsetted a god of theirs,
and that's why the poster they put up was ignored by us
We're busy in our own lives at such times,
but someone is patiently waiting for some sighs
I wish that our destinies were embraced,
I wish that our mind stored each & every face 
maybe then, the little kid outside Haji Ali Dargah
who was forcing you for biscuits and tea
or that old man outside a temple who called 
every second person his friend or his family
the man in the station who was asking his own address,
or that kid in the train who wiped seats in distress
the bride with a suitcase in hurry to reach someplace,
or that girl who didn't belong in this woman's embrace 
At the time, we were all present right there,
what if these people were those faces that were now rare
I know my words aren't sharp enough to hurt,
and I know you don't have any time to exert
but I request, the next time you see such a poster,
go through it once and get a bit closer
they will like that even with little time to spare,
people stood and read about them with care
who knows with our efforts searching their traces,
we could take back those faces,those missing faces.



ESTIMATED 1,00,000 CHILDREN ARRIVE EVERY YEAR ON 60 MAJOR RAILWAY STATIONS OF INDIA. 
ONLY 35,000 OF THEM ARE RESCUED.

No comments:

The End

Aakhir usne sab khatam kar hi diya. I don't know kyu khud se ya kisi baat ke dar se. Piyaar to bahot karti thi per nibha nhi paayi, la...